2009 Masonry Codes and Specification Compilation
This compilation of masonry code and specification requirements is a must for anyone designing, constructing or inspecting masonry! Created on a successful model formerly produced by the Masonry Institute of America (MIA) and the International Code Council® (ICC®), this newest compilation is now produced with The Masonry Society (TMS) and includes key portions of the 2009 International Building Code® (IBC®) and 2009 International Residential Code® (IRC), the entire MSJC Code and Specification (TMS 402 and TMS 602)*, and much, more.
The first major section of the 2009 Masonry Codes and Specification Compilation integrates the MSJC provisions into those of IBC® Chapter 21 provisions so that users can easily find which provisions apply. Strikeouts are also used to show when the IBC® provisions govern over those in the MSJC. As such, this compilation serves as a perfect reference for designers, contractors and inspectors who are trying to ensure compliance with the Code. This book also includes code and standard requirements on veneer, special inspection, fireplaces, chimneys and much more. New requirements for determining fire resistance and sound transmission class ratings are also included.
- Merged Masonry Requirements from IBC® Chapter 21 and the MSJC Code and Specification
- Merged Veneer Requirements from IBC® 14 and MSJC Code Chapter 6
- Merged Inspection Requirements from IBC® Chapter 17 and the MSJC Code and Specification
- Masonry-Related Portions of IBC
- MSJC Code (TMS 402-08)
- MSJC Specification (TMS602-08)
- Masonry portions of the Code Requirements for Determining Fire resistance of Concrete and Masonry Construction Assemblies (ACI 216.1-07/TMS 0216-07)
- Standard Method for Determining the Sound Transmission Class Rating for Masonry Walls (TMS 0302-07)
- Selected IRC® Sections including masonry-related portions of
- MIA Selected Quality Control Standards
- TMS Annotated Guide to Masonry Specifications ICC Model Program for Special Inspection - Portions related to Structural Masonry Special Inspection (SMSI)
MS Inspection Checklist A companion CD that is included with the Code Compilation includes even more helpful resources:
- Commentaries to the 2008 MSJC
- MIA’s Reinforced Concrete Masonry Construction Inspectors Handbook, 6th Edition
- All past issues of TMS Responds
- TMS Annotated Guide to Masonry Specifications
- TMS Inspection Checklist
- And much, much more….